We're an AZ Charitable Tax Credit Organization!
Find out how you can direct your taxes to support oral
health in Northern Arizona without costing you a dime.
A New Dawn AZ | Community Dental Program
The Oral Health Issue
- Nationwide, more than 40% of adults have untreated tooth decay;
1/3 of those
65 or older have lost all of their teeth (Vestal).
- 44% of adults living in Arizona do not have dental insurance (Arizona Dental Association).
- Arizona Medicaid does not provide dental coverage for adults over the age of 21 (AHCCCS).
- Medical research shows that poor oral health results in increased risk
for diabetes, breathing disorders, cardiovascular disease, and poor pregnancy outcomes such as
preterm births and stillbirths (Vestal).
- Poor oral health negatively affects eating, speaking, self-esteem, and employability (Vestal).
Although several dental services in Flagstaff offer a sliding fee scale
this is still cost-prohibitive for many individuals. For adults with financial barriers, treatment for pain and emergencies often result
in tooth extraction.